Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy 1/2 Birthday Ricky

Today my little boy turned 13 and a HALF! My little boy who is 6 feet tall and wears a men's 13 size shoe. He says it's no big deal because he will just tell everyone he is 13...but when we sang "Happy Half Birthday" to him on the way to school, that impish little smile broke through as he shook his head. No celebration though tonight as he had a draft to attend and he was lucky enough to get the #1 pick.

I am proud of the young man that he is becoming. I so can't believe that 13 1/2 years have gone by with him as part of my life. He has taught me a lot. We have learned a lot together. We have agreed, disagreed and agreed to disagree at times. We have made each other mad, sad and frustrated. We have made each other laugh and smile. We have to see who gets the last word in...

He is my son and I am very blessed. I love you Ricky Daniel!

Happy Half Birthday!

Love,
Mom

Peace

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey!
Haven't checked in here in a while. Changed some blog settings a while back, and "POOF" lost some links. I enjoyed catching up on the activity in your life!
Happy Sunday Funday...;-)