Monday, January 4, 2010

Dance and Draft

Today was my first day back to work. Ricky and Jessica had their last day off. Jessica stayed with my mom and helped with the preschoolers. My mom says she is a natural and enjoyed every minute of it. Ricky went to Grandma Jennie's house. He made his infamous salsa, they went to In-n-Out and watched Gran Torino. He had a great day. Both are lucky that they have their grandparent's house to go to on a daily basis.

Jessica has wanted to enroll in a dance class and today was Day 1 for the new semester. She is taking hip hop and had a blast. Her smile said it all. She already wants the "real dance shoes." I hope she continues it as the smile on her face was priceless.

While Jess was at dance, Ricky was attending his first draft. He was so proud of his picks. He had the 3rd pick and evidently was successful in his choices.

As they are both winding down for bed, they both were blessed with a great day. They are back to school tomorrow and back to the daily routine that comes with it.

There is nothing better than to have two happy kids.

Richard started running again tonight. We are going to do the Bay to Breakers on May 16th. At least that is the plan.

Today, January 4th is also the birthday of one of the greatest women in my life. My Great-grandmother Priscilla Villa. She was a class act and taught my mom to be the woman she is. Grandma Villa lives on in our life daily. I was blessed to know her and love her.

Until tomorrow...

Peace

No comments: