Sunday, January 3, 2010

"I'm Free"

Those two simple words..."I'm free." I have heard them on a daily basis since Christmas Vacation started 16 days ago. It was a simple statement, a simple request. A request for a lunch date. A lunch date with my daughter.

Every day something seemed to come up. Every day, I heard those words. Last night I was kindly reminded that vacation was over and she was still "free." I could not let her down.

We both slept in until 10:30 since we were up having a bonfire/smores get together with our neighbors. Ricky was at the Raiders game with my dad. Richard had gone golfing. Focus Michelle-get it together.

She was in the recliner when I approached her. I looked into her brown eyes and asked, "are you doing anything for lunch today?" Her response was simple with a hint of sarcasm..."I thought you'd never ask." She wanted to include my mom so she made the call. It was a lunch date. Three generations sitting around chips and salsa. Laughing and talking. It was a great lunch date. A sense of satisfaction on her face as we got back into the car and she just looked at me.

There will be a time when she won't want a date with me. Until then, I hope she has many more "free" days.

I love you Jessica.

Love,
Mom

Peace

No comments: