Thursday, October 16, 2008

October 15, 1965 + 43

Totally Cool! Got up and went outside to get the paper. It is 5:30 and as I turn around to walk back in the house...BAM!-this is what I see on my garage door. So cool from my 1971 neighbors-Thank you guys for starting my day off on such a cool note! Luv My Neighbor Jenn

So yesterday, October 15, 2008, I turned 43. I so can't believe it as I remember when I thought turning 18 would make me an old lady. I had a great day.

Here are 43 things I loved about yesterday.


1. waking up to a sign on my garage-so love my neighbors
2. Ricky walking in, getting a hug and in his changing
voice, "happy birthday mom."
3. Jessica faking she is asleep so she can jump up and yell, "happy birthday!"
4. Richard actually remembering

5. Max and Fenway's rendition of "Happy Birthday."

6. My mom's homemade pancakes

7. My mom's cinnamon rolls

8. Being sung "happy birthday" at the breakfast table

9. Being sung "happy birthday" in a department meeting
10. Getting a homemade card from a student

11. another round of "happy birthday" in the computer lab

12. my birthday being announced on Tenaya Television
13. happy birthdays throughout campus

14. a Fonzi birthday card

15. cards, hugs and candy from my morning core

16. my t.a. bringing a balloon and a card for the whole class to sign

17. Ricky setting my phone alarm to go off at 10:15 with a "happy birthday" message on it
18. Birthday greetings from my CE sisters

19. the wild bunch of 7th graders singing from across the lawn

20. 4th period's rendition of Happy Birthday

21. 5th period's rendition of Happy Birthday

22. our counselor's homemade card

23. marie callender chocolate pie from mark h at lunch

24. lunch with my dad, mark, penney, dora and windly

24. homemade muffins from dora

25. birthday shout outs from around campus

26. afternoon core's renditon of happy birthday
27. cards, stuffed animals, candy and more hugs

28. delivered flowers from one of my students-that was very cool
29. former students no0w in high school bringing a cupcake, cards and gift

30. other high schoolers stopping by to wish me happy birthday

31. the entire cheerleading team's rendition of HB with a few kicks thrown in
32. Ricky got a hair cut

33. Jessica was excited to go to Catechism
34. got a new camera because I lost my other one

35. neighbor mark asking about tacos ...we opted for hamburgers this year

36. homemade hamburgers and fries at my mom's
37. gift cards to Michael's from Aidan and Kenna

38. a card from Grandpa Al
39. the infamous choo choo train from Baskin Robbins
40. my brother called
41. we debated for 38:28 about going to Table Mountain so I could get my shirt

42. I only did one load of laundry because Ricky needed his uniform
43. Ricky and Jessica told me I am a good mom!

Thanks again...looking to # 44
Thanks Neighbors!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Wow. That is an amazing day! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Birthday. You soooooo deserve it! Mark and I were ridiculously noisy putting up that sign. It didn't help that we were cracking ourselves up.=) See ya soon for a power chat in the driveway...
<3 Jenn