Monday, March 23, 2009

The Electric Slide and Brass Monkey

I kinda like this week recap posting as it is like a virtual scrapbook for me as to the goings on at 1976. I know it is only Monday and the real fun has yet to begin but I had a great weekend! some memories that I do not want to forget about are as follows:

*a peaceful Friday night. I think we were all in bed by 10
Fridays are sacred and so well appreciated at our house
*Ricky-lasagna by Jenn
*Dinosaurs and Mac & Cheese for Jessica
*Togos for me El Pollo Loco for Richard
*sorry Mr. Cuttone
* did you know that golfing 18 holes can take 6 hours?
*in tennis it is a rally and not a volley-still have vocabulary that I need to learn
*Subway sandwiches as a pregame meal
*Ricky hitting a triple
*The Mother Daughter Tea
*Ricky hitting what should have been an inside the park homerun...I say what should have been because you don't watch the ball when you run!
*Twilight-two giddy neighbors and a thrilled 8 year old who now wants to be a vampire
*A wedding reception full of neighbors and people you don't see very often
*The Electric Slide-so my favorite!!!
*Watching the neighborhood kids get their groove on
*Watching the neighborhood kid's eyes pop out
*Brass Monkey-Sophie's eyes-priceless
*tired baseball players
*5 a.m. wake up
*rain-so love the sound
*winning one game
*Mom, I need some money...please
*Is your mom an ATM?
*back and forth...then a loss
*home under a heating blanket
*picking up Ricky's last Little League uniform
*tacos
*salsa
*scraped finger grating cheese-an ouch for Jessica (toss the block)
*shopping
*phone call
*reality check-you write the letter
*home
*kisses goodnight
*Tivo
*too tired for Cocoa Puffs
*sleep

Peace

No comments: