Friday, August 29, 2008

When you get up in the middle of the night...turn on the light!

It is 2:05 a.m. this past Thursday. I get up to go to the restroom. Wash my hands and am off to bed when WHAM! SLAM! SCREAM! I have just dove nose first into my bathtub. Yep, the bathtub. I will avoid the yucky details, but it was not pretty. My scream woke Richard up and he could not believe what he saw. Me completely folded up inside our tub.

After the whole scene was cleaned up and I was laying in bed with an icepack on my nose, I realized what Marsha Brady felt like. It was not a pretty sight. Richard and I laughed about it, because there was not much else we could do now that the tears had flown.

So off I went to the doctors on Thursday to confirm that yes, the nose was fractured... and quite nicely. I did find some positives out of the whole experince though. One being-there was no damage to my teeth. Two, I did not go through the glass or there would have been only half of me left. Three, that I was not knocked unconscious and was able to scream so that I was not left there till the morning alarm went off.

Today I went to see Dr. Carter-surgery was needed. So at 2:10 today I was wheeled into the OR to get the nose repositioned and stabilized. Except for the Stormtrooper looking tape job, it is all good-must be the meds.

So after I told the story to my 6th Graders, I left them with this lifelong lesson...When you get up in the middle of the night...turn on the light!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia....
Another one for the "Oh Em Gee" file! You really did kinda look like a storm trooper! =) Good advice about the light....
Be Careful, Neighbor!!=)
XO
j

patricia said...

I heard you looked like a Storm Trooper! Hope you're feeling better soon!