Saturday, August 23, 2008

One World-Cheetah Style

Well, last night was the big premiere of the Cheetah Girls, "One World." In keeping with the tradition of Disney premiers, we had our premiere part complete with pizza, popcorn and capri suns. Grandma Jennie came to join us as we pulled out the blankets, pillows and pjs. It was a cute show and Jessica was thrilled because we have been doing the "just how many sleeps left?" for atleast 30 days! To top things off, she Tivoed it so we have watched it another 3 times today.

We just finished an impromptu game of soccer in the middle of the court. Ricky and I won 4-0 over Jessica and Richard. I now know why shin guards were invented as I believe my daughter damaged the three top levels of my lower legs epidermis with a major kick!

School is going well. Don't want to jinxit but I have 4 groups of really good kids. Not something that is easy to say after the first week but these kids are cool.

Ricky likes 6th Grade. He is in an all boys class and seems to like it. I can't believe in two years he is off to high school.

Jessica was blessed to get the best 2nd grade teacher that Mc Swain has to offer. She got Mrs. Van Horn and I can't tell you how happy and excited she was when she saw who her teacher was. Ricky was happy for her as he had her as a teacher as well.

Max continues to jump in the pool and as neighbor Jenn says, he tries to show off. It's like he is saying, "hey, look at what I can do."

Something is going on with Fenway as he will no longer jump up onto the bed. He needs help so I am a bit concerned. He seems fine otherwise.

Well, I need to go throw in another load of laundry. Didn't do it for 8 days-not good. Plus throw in all the bedding and let me tell you, my washer, dryer and I have become one today!

Peace and have a FABULOUS day.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Ha! I loved your "shin guard" comment. I so want to see that movie. 11 times? Sheesh! That's a fan! Ohhhh that sweet boy Max, and Fenway?! I hope he is alright. See ya 'round, neighbor!
J