Thursday, November 27, 2008

Tacos vs. Turkey






Versus


Well, first of all Happy Thanksgiving to all. It was a very nice a quiet day which was a must after all the craziness of the past month. I must admit that I am not much of fan of Thanksgiving. Sure we have our traditions, homemade cinnamon rolls, the Macy's Parade, decorating for Christmas, but all in all we just relax.
I guess today is the 30th anniversary of me finally taking a stand to not eat turkey on Thanksgiving. I despise the bird. My kids eat it. Richard eats it. I personally cannot handle the sight or smell of it. So many moons ago, I started my own Thanksgiving Dinner...tacos. Imagine a table all set up with the beautiful china and all, throw in some candles and then as you scan the table there sits my tacos. They definitely look out of place, but it is a given that they will be there on what everyone refers to as "turkey day."
A few things that I am thankful for are...
*my family- fall brook court, janet court, robin hood and wyoming drive
*my job-next to Disneyland, it is the "happiest place in the hood."
*my health-although I have had my share of scares, God has blessed me with great results.
*my friends-fall brook court, scrapbooking, Tenaya and travel ball
*the daily help that I get from my mom and Jennie
*breakfast at my mom's house
*my kid's athletic abilities
* watching my two kids grow-so can't believe that they are 12 and 8
*that despite all Richard and I have been thru-to hell and back-not talking for days, maybe weeks, that we have not given up and are learning everyday that we can do this
*me-sounds weird but I am thankful for who I am. I am not perfect and a bit whacked at times but I know that if I can slip and fall and end up under my car and LAUGH or fall into the tub and break my nose and still LAUGH that things are pretty food.
Looking forward to what next year will bring-the one thing that I know for sure is when it comes down to tacos or turkey....the tacos will win every time!
Peace...and eat tacos!

No comments: