Friday, November 7, 2008

Life's Lessons

This has been an extremely busy week. I cannot believe that it is actually Friday. This week I guess the theme of our house would be "life's lessons." Lessons that I learned and lessons that I hope Ricky and Jessica will take to heart and remember forever. Thank goodness that my children will not be tested by the State of California on their mastery of these lessons, but that they will be tested by life itself and those around them.

*keep your day planner with you and keep it current-this will allow for no last minute surprises like "puppet night" on Wednesday.
*always wear shorts under your sweats-"if you get hot-you can just pull them off!"
*always tell your parents where you are going and don't take off on your own-little Miss Jessica is having issues with this one, but after this morning, hopefully she will learn
*never, ever, throw down your jersey when you are mad during a game
*never, ever speak in an ugly tone for it is a long walk home
*Pilgrim facts-thank goodness for Jessica that she has her brother to help her with her homework
*a bubble-one that was blown by chance and now is close to mastery
*that your child enjoyed having you stay and help make puppets-I am glad you stayed mom and didn't just drop me off (we will see how long this will last)
*never, ever make your pillows look like a body so that way when your mom goes to wake you up in the morning-she finds them and not you...and don't make it worse by giggling!
*The Act of Contrition
*the disappointment that Prop. 8 won-I am proud that my two children accept all people
*my children's interest in politics and the fact that they could discuss the issues and their choices and stand by them
*that it is important to vote-they wanted to leave by 6:30 to get to the polls before they opened
*that having a new pair of shoes for Ricky's first game really was important to him
*that sometime life is not fair and that is just how it is

The biggest lesson that I learned this week as I watch my children grow is, sometimes I just want to get in the car and drive-fast-and just go, but I know that as I look in the rear view mirror those two totally awesome kids were given to me by God will be there. I may make it to the end of Fall Brook Court but then my phone would ring and it would say "HOME."

I thank them for the lessons that they teach me on a daily basis.

Peace

No comments: