Sunday, July 20, 2008

44 hours, 2 minutes-2,914.10 miles to our future home



As you can see, I am once again procrastinating! The clock is ticking quickly before I am to board Jet Blue, Tuesday evening. There is so much craziness in trying to prepare for this trip. We are not rookies, so this year it is easier, except, we are staying two weeks. Gone, for a total of 17 days!




Today I started-and just finished Jessica's birthday banner. She is not to thrilled about being in Cooperstown for her birthday. Hence, the three day jaunt prior. I made a banner for Ricky's team and have done maybe 7-8 loads of laundry. I have also had to make sure that this goes in Ricky's carry on, but that one can't. (especially his three bats)




Jessica is packed. Thank goodness she can take care of herself-she is definitely my mom's grandchild. We did a check and girl had it all together. She is especially excited about American Girl. We are having brunch there on Thursday. I so put off the reservations but was lucky that they had "a few small tables left." Like I was supposed to give the lady on the phone my left kidney.




My goal tonight is to be completelty packed. Since it is 11:20 p.m. it could be a late one. Ricky is just about done. Then there is mine. Richard will pack Wednesday night. I need to get it done or I am going to scream. I am tired of the chaos that comes with getting ready.




This will be our home for the next two weeks. We drove past it many times last year and so I stopped in to check it out. Seems like a great place and this year we will actually have a house and not that nightmare of a Bed & Breakfast. I am looking forward to having a kitchen and laundry room-I know my mom and MIL will use them well.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh, neighbor/friend! We'll miss you but will hold down the fort. You know I gotcha. ;) B safe and have fun!