Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A little cheese, movin' a bus and Twilight

Last week was a fun week for 1976. There was so much going on as we prepared for Jessica's Birthday Party. Her birthday is actually in August, but we are in Cooperstown and once summer hits, it is hard to round up friends.

Friday, May 8 was the unveiling of the Extreme Makeover by Neighbor Jenn. It was a very anticipated event and it brought me to tears as I can't believe that I get to wake up to this every day.

While Neighbor Jenn was busy making our house into SPECTACULAR, Jessica's class had their field trip at the Hilmar Cheese Factory. They went through several stations, but the favorite, go figure, was when they got to make their own ice cream.
Pictures from the "BUS" unveiling will be a separate post.

Here are a few pictures from the Twilight adventure. I got a compliment from one of the dads who said the invitations were the "coolest he had ever seen!"

I made the traditional banner, but she had no idea and was totally surprised and thrilled when she saw it Saturday morning. A few, "OMGs" were screamed.


Babu made up these totally cool popcorn tub goodie bags for each girl. They were a hit. Thanks Babu!

Celebrating at Build a Bear. These four girls got many head turns as they strolled through the mall, arms intertwined, matching purses and hair flopping. It was a sight. Many smiles were shared as they strutted by.

Watch out world, here they come!Jessica with her Birthday Sundae compliments of the singing crew at Red Robin. Those four girls entertained more people that night. I so wish I would have gotten a picture of their bears in the high chairs. It was such a "classic" evening. They even count, how many times this and how many times that, I was like, "how many times are you going to keep counting!" Ooops, now I am counting!
Sunday morning brought Starbucks and donuts. Before we knew it, it was time for everyone to go home.

Jessica is blessed to have great friends. When planning her party she had no limits, (within reason, of course) She thought about it for a few days and her list shortened. I asked her why. She said she wanted her real friends, not just a bunch of girls so she would get a lot of presents. I am glad she knows the difference at this young age.

As I reflect on Jessica's party, I remembered my own sleepovers and how even 35 years later, some things never change.

I learned that little girls are like big girls except they can't quite put a name on it.
Little girls truly emulate what they see.
Little girls can have great manners-that is a biggy.
Little girls easily accept a new friend into the bunch.
Little girls scream and giggle.
Little girls LOVE the new Hannah Montana CD. (Shaun Cassidy for me)
Little girls can pop it , lock it and polka dot it.
Little girls love to go cruisin' down Main Street.
Little girls have their own language.
Little girls have their own "looks."
Little girls will grow up to be powerful young women.
Little girls remind us of what it was like to be little.
Little girls make the world a special place.

Peace.

No comments: